Samarkand is not only one of the centers of the most ancient civilization, but also a modern city of Independent Uzbekistan. Therefore, it is not difficult to reach this city. You can get to Samarkand in three ways: by plane, by train, and by car. Upon arrival in Samarkand by plane or by train, a number of formalities await you: customs and passport controls. However, don’t worry: Samarkand is a friendly city and you will go through these procedures with a smile.
When arriving in an unfamiliar city, each person is faced with a number of questions: “where to live?”, “where to eat?”, “what to visit?” To help you answer these questions, we have prepared for you a “Traveler’s Checklist in Samarkand”.
- Choosing a place for accommodation. Arriving in an unfamiliar city, the first step is to take care of the place of accommodation. The choice of a place depends on your budget and desired conditions. Accommodations facilities of different categories function in Samarkand, ranging from luxury hotels to hostels and national houses. If you are worried about your registration on the territory of Samarkand, then don’t worry: accommodations provide a special form, which we advise you not to lose, as it will be necessary to provide it upon departure from the country.
- Currency exchange. For a comfortable stay on the territory of Samarkand, you need to worry about the local currency in advance, since most payments in the Republic are carried out in cash. You can find exchange offices at the airport or train station. Moreover, nowadays, any bank of the Republic is ready to help you exchange your currency for a local one.
- Moving around the city. Samarkand is a small city, so you will not find a variety of public transport here. There are buses, a tram (two lines), a route taxi and a taxi in the city. The best option is a taxi, which will take you to your destination for a fee. We advise you to agree on the payment in advance 🙂 Moreover, there are taxi applications that you can download from the Play Market or Apple Store.
- Internet. Free internet is available in almost all accommodation locations. However, if you want to be in touch during your stay in Samarkand, you can purchase a SIM card from local mobile operators. You can do it at any service point of operators: Beeline, Ucell, MobiUz, UzMobile, Humans, Perfectum Mobile. The only condition is to have your passport with you.
- Sightseeing. You can make a list of places to visit after having studied the information on our official website http://www.azim-travel.com in the “Uzbekistan” tab. You should be aware that in addition to the main entrance fee, many sights charge additional fees for video and photo shooting.
- Food on the territory of Samarkand. Any accommodation will provide, at your request and additional payment, not only breakfasts but also lunches and dinners. However, if you want to get to know more about the national dishes of Uzbekistan, we advise you to visit local restaurants and cafes, where you can taste such famous dishes as pilaf, manti, kazan kabob, shurpa, samsa, barbecue, and others. Moreover, you should know that Samarkand restaurants can offer you vegetarian cuisine. Payments in restaurants are made mainly in cash in a local currency, but there are high-class restaurants that accept cards of international payment systems VISA and MASTERCARD.
- A constant smile on your face. Any journey is a discovery of something new, so start it with a smile and a good mood. Samarkand is a city that will answer you with a smile too and you will never forget your trip!